TESCO FREE DELIVERY

Thursday 14 June 2012

Bopara laments injury woes - SkySports

Bopara laments injury woes - SkySports

The Essex right-hander was at the head of the queue to fill England's number six position against the Windies in this summer's Investec Test series, only to suffer a calf injury on the eve of the squad announcement for the first match last month.

That place was filled at Lord's, and in two subsequent Tests, by Yorkshire's Jonny Bairstow - and Bopara's calf trouble was the latest in a series of minor but untimely niggles over the past eight months.

The middle-order batsman is expected to be back at number four in the first of three 50-over matches against the Windies, at the Ageas Bowl on Saturday.

"I'm really looking forward to it," he said.

"I haven't played a lot of cricket for England recently because of injuries. So it's exciting for me, and I'm in good form."

Frustration

Bopara returned to action at the start of June with a 50-over century, and then one in four-day cricket too, for Essex.

He is not about to start worrying unduly either about a run of injuries, which may be pure coincidence.

"It's very frustrating. It's only recently I've started to get a few injuries," he said.

"Before that, I very rarely missed games through injury ... it's probably a sign of me getting old.

"It is annoying. It is frustrating. But whatever's meant to be is meant to be."

Bairstow has endured a tough start to his Test career posting scores of just 16, 4 and 18 in his three completed innings to-date.

And Bopara, while aware others are profiting from his absence, knows that at 27, time is not on his side as much as it once was.

"I guess what it does is it gives someone else an opportunity to cement their place, and that's not ideal.

"But it means when I get my opportunity, I've got to cement my place. Let's hope I get it soon."


Source: www1.skysports.com

TOWIE'S Gemma Collins strips down to swimsuit to tell Arg: You ain't ever gonna get this candy - The Sun

The 31-year-old whipped off her bright pink sarong and showed off her curves in a black one-piece as she declared she was "f***ing sexy" and pal James "Arg" Argent could "kiss my a**".

Gemma was seen approaching Arg as he mucked around in the pool after the champagne spray party on last night's TOWIE special The Only Way Is Marbs.

The cast of the hit ITV2 show headed to Marbella, Spain, earlier this month to film the one-off episode.

As Gemma stood in front of the boys, Joey Essex asked: “So are you two getting together or what?”

In the last episode of series five Gemma was seen declaring she "loved" Arg, 24, and giving him a kiss.

But the former car saleswoman has obviously had a change of heart since then.

She blasted: “Well I just want to say something to you (Arg), you’ve been going around discussing what happened between us, let me tell you something now, you don’t ever disrespect a girl again.

“Take a look at this, because you ain't ever gonna get this candy.”

Gemma then undid her sarong, to unveil her swimsuit underneath.

Arg was left looking stunned and confused, before announcing: “I don’t get it Gemma, I don’t understand.”

She then told the chubby crooner: “I don’t like the way you turn around and say, oh she’s got a pretty face but she’s got a bad metabolism."

Before adding: "I am f***ing sexy James. I am sexy and I know it.”

The furious blonde continued: “I don’t even want to go out with you Arg, you disrespect girls. You cheated on Lydia how many times?

“You think I’m pretty, but I’m too fat to go out with you James.

“I might not be a size 10, but I’ve got a good heart."

She then held up a little finger before smacking her bum as she announced: “So take that and kiss that.”

Gemma then flounced off, wiggling her bum from side to side, before shouting back at Arg: “Kiss my a**” as their castmates struggled to contain their giggles.


Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment