By Mike Dickson

|

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga joined Andy Murray in suffering an injury scare ahead of Wimbledon on Thursday.

Murray was forced to end any thoughts of a doubles challenge with his brother Jamie at the AEGON Championships after taking doctors' advice at the weekend.

Painful: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga looks at his injured finger

Painful: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga looks at his injured finger

Tsonga, meanwhile, saw his hopes of playing at SW19 placed in doubt due to a suspected break of his right little finger at Queen's Club.

The world No 5 slipped in the final set of his 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 defeat by Croatian outsider Ivan Dodig, damaging his racket hand.

'I think it's serious,' said Tsonga, who had his hand placed in an ice-bag during his post-match press conference.

'I will have a scan, but it sounds very bad.

Floored: Weary Tsonga suffered shock defeat

Floored: Weary Tsonga suffered shock defeat

'I felt like I broke something or I strained it when I fell.

'It's only a finger but it's tough because I have to play with my hand.

'At the moment I don't know what is it, but I will stay positive and I will see.'

Last year's finalist joined defending champion Murray Jnr on the exit list and Jamie also went out of the doubles with new partner, Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - a late replacement for Andy.

According to Jamie, who is to play with his sibling at the Olympics, their partnership at Queen's was only abandoned at short notice.

'I think he was told by the doctor that he needs time to rest, so he thought he'd miss doubles here,' he said.

Done it: Ivan Dodig celebrates victory

Done it: Ivan Dodig celebrates victory

Andy's conqueror Nicolas Mahut fell in the third round yesterday, beaten 6-4, 7-6 by Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, the 21-year-old for whom big things are predicted.

While Queen's is set for a relatively unknown winner, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer began their grass court campaigns at the ATP event in Halle. Nadal defeated Slovak Lukas Lacko 7-5, 6-1 while Federer beat Germany's Florian Mayer 6-4, 7-5.

Famous face: Nick Candy and Holly Valance watch the action

Famous face: Holly Valance and fianc Nick Candy in the crowd