TESCO FREE DELIVERY

Wednesday 18 July 2012

BETTY BRISK - The Sun

BETTY BRISK - The Sun

BLIMEY, look at you! Every inch is looking fabulous.

I feel really happy at the moment. I’m exercising loads, not to be stick thin but just to feel better.

You’ve gone from “the fat bird that nobody fancied” to a plus-size Brigitte Bardot oozing glamour and fighting off men. What happened?

Well, thank you, Betty, for your honesty! I was basically a normal girl next door but due to heartache I was a comfort eater. With Towie and a few nasty comments, I had a wake-up call and became more aware of myself.

Are you getting used to fame yet?

I don’t get wrapped in the hype. I still find it hilarious when I’m at a red carpet event and the papps start shouting: “Gemma!” It absolutely makes me wet myself.

But are you coping?

You have to put things into perspective. We’re reality Essex people. We aren’t Posh and Becks or Madonna. We have to be realistic. My feet are firmly on the ground.

Now you’ve got your own range of clothing to sell and I bet it’s flying off the shelves... you must be pinching yourself, eh?

I do pinch myself but it just proves that dreams can become reality. But you must remember, Bet, it’s been hard work along the way.

You’ve kept us all guessing whether Arg is going to get lucky though, frankly, I don’t think he deserves you. What happened to your last handsome hunk?

He was lovely to look at but I didn’t feel enough for him. James and I have just been to Turkey together so watch this space.

I loved it when you dropped your sarong in Marbs, did a twirl and told Arg: “You’re never going to get this candy.” I cheered and Mr Brisk actually said, “Phwoar!”

I must say, Betty, it was very liberating. And let’s put it this way, it made James want the candy even more.

You’ve always had a naughty twinkle in your eye, as though you’re planning some sort of mischief. Do you like stirring things up a bit?

I think I was born to be mischievous. I’ve definitely got that in my blood. My friends all laugh because I’ll say: “Today I’m going to get up to some mischief” and I always do.

You do like a bit of drama though, don’t you? You’re not above causing a public uproar when your temper’s up. Do you ever regret it?

Betty, people get to see all sides of me, not just the nice part. Maybe you should try it with Mr Brisk.

Have we missed any dramatic moments?

Um, no. Everything you see is basically captured on Towie. Although I did have a row with my dad once and we chucked broccoli at each other.

Is it true you walk around your house naked? Don’t you get cold draughts in your hidden corners?

The thing is, Betty, I’m always getting dressed up for different events so when I’m in my own territory, I like to let it all hang out and shake what your mama gave you.

Surely you’re at risk of hot splatter burns when you’re cooking?

To be honest, I live on cooked chickens. I don’t really get the time to cook, hence the struggles with my weight. You’ll usually find me in the Chinese takeaway.

I was dead glad when you gave up your strict diet. Who wants to live on salad? What made you stop?

I just looked in the mirror and thought: “Sod it.” It’s better to be happy in life than unhappy.

  • Gemma’s new plus size clothing range, Gemma Collins Collection, is available from gemmacollinsofficial.com

  • Source: www.thesun.co.uk

    No comments:

    Post a Comment