TESCO FREE DELIVERY

Monday 9 July 2012

Matt Taylor says "I need a miracle to win PCC election." - thisissussex.co.uk

Matt Taylor says "I need a miracle to win PCC election." - thisissussex.co.uk

Matt Taylor, Police and Crime Commissioner Candidate for Sussex declares he "Needs a miracle to win the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner Elections on the 15th November 2012."

  1. I need a Miracle to win PCC election.

Having called the Evening Argus, he explains, "The electoral Commission has set the spending limit for the elections at nearly £220,000, which means this is how much you've got to spend to win it. I'm happy to hand over a hundred signatures and a £5000 deposit, but £200K is too much, no way."

But having weighed the pros and cons, a confident Matt Taylor continues, "After serious consideration, I've decided to go for it, because I believe in miracles. I've released a booklet; FREE to download from my website at www.sosparty.co.uk, which sets out what I stand for. I've got a lot to say and a lot to explain about the role of Police and Crime Commissioner and the Supplementary voting (SV) system."

The Home Secretary, Theresa May has recently voiced her concerns, complaining that the elections look set to be fought out between unremarkable party stalwarts, including former police authority members, ministers and MPs.

One Whitehall source admitted: "The policy is in disarray. There is a chance it will be a damp squib."

In response he says, "I want to bring this election alive and show there is a new breed of leaders waiting in the wings ready to take power and change the status quo."

The new Police and Crime commissioners will have the power to set budgets and to hire and fire chief constables.

They will step into the new posts – which carry a salary of between £65,000 and £100,000 – at a time of upheaval for the police service which faces cuts to staffing because of the Government's austerity drive.

Matt Taylor has the final word, "I'm going for it because I think it's important to bring in new blood, to help direct the future of Sussex police. With the Chief Constable of Sussex, Martin Richardson facing misconduct charges, it makes sense to have an anti corruption candidate right in the centre of power."

Whether Matt Taylor's candidacy will bring a smile to Mrs May's face, is anyone's guess.


Source: www.thisissussex.co.uk

From Wickford to Wembley - Casey realises her Olympic dream (From Campaign Series) - campaignseries.co.uk

From Wickford to Wembley - Casey Stoney realises her Olympic dream

CASEY Stoney has gone from Wickford to Wembley to realise her dream of representing Team GB at this summer’s Olympics Games.

The 30-year-old, who was born in Basildon, will skipper Great Britain’s womens football team in London.

And she has her sights set on leading the side to a medal.

“If we play like we can and finally get that bit of luck you need that we can definitely medal at the Olympics,” said Stoney.

“I think it’s everyone’s dream to be able to represent their country at an Olympics Games and I’m certainly no different.

“But I didn’t think it would happen because we’ve never had a women’s football team in it before “Being captain makes it extra special and I don’t think there’s any bigger honour in the game, especially as we’re actually opening the Games.”

Stoney will lead her team out against New Zealand at the Millennium Stadium on Wednesday July 25 in the first event of the Olympics before they face further pool games against Cameroon in Cardiff and Brazil at Wembley.

But that is a far cry from where Stoney, a former Runwell Primary School pupil, first learnt to play the game.

“When I was younger I just used a kick a ball around in the streets of Wickford,” said Stoney.

“I tried to join a few teams but they wouldn’t let me play because I was a girl which used to really annoy me.

“I used to play cricket for Rayleigh where my dad played and still lives now.

“However, it was only when I moved away that I was able to play football more regularly.”

Stoney soon excelled in it too, playing for Arsenal, Charlton Athletic and Chelsea before joining Lincoln Ladies last year.

During that time she has won two FA Cups, four Premier League Cups and Division Two of the Premier League.

As well as that, Stoney was FA International Player of the Year back in 2007/08 and she has now also won more than 100 international caps.

But Stoney believes playing at the Olympics would be her best ever achievement.

“The Olympics will be the pinnacle of my career,” said the defender.

“It’s going to be absolutely fantastic and will be one of the biggest sporting events this country has ever seen.”


Source: www.campaignseries.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment