TESCO FREE DELIVERY

Sunday 1 July 2012

London Olympics 2012: Michael Phelps on course to repeat eight medal run at London Games - Daily Telegraph

London Olympics 2012: Michael Phelps on course to repeat eight medal run at London Games - Daily Telegraph

After he received his medals, the sell-out crowd of more than 13,000 sang "Happy Birthday" to Phelps who, on the assumption that he finishes in the first two of the 200m butterfly and gets picked for the three relays will again be chasing eight gold medals at the London Olympics.

Meanwhile Lochte was fairly upbeat, if tired. "The best thing about swimming is racing and stepping up against the world's best but tonight was probably the most pain I've endured in a swimming competition," he said.

Elsewhere Jessica Hardy, who missed the Beijing Games while serving a drug test, won the women's 100 freestyle in 53.96 secs with emerging star Missy Franklin in second place.

Rebecca Soni secured a second individual race in London with a comfortable win in the 200 breaststroke. She was slow off the blocks but surged to the lead on the second lap and steadily pulled away, winning in 2:21.13, the fastest time in the world this year.

"I'm always a little nervous to push it too soon. I felt great the first 100, nice and long," said Soni, who will be looking to defend her 200 Olympic title. "I know I've trained the hardest I can so if I can hopefully bring home a gold, that would be amazing. If I can get back to my best time, that would also be great. I'm just going to have fun with it."


Source: www.telegraph.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment